Monday, September 19, 2011

Look At Our New Basement!!!

Ok, I know I said I was going to bed, but I have to show off really quick!

All summer long I have really been wanting to make our basement fun instead of furniture-less and boring. Dave was afraid that if I painted it, it would be ugly...but this past weekend, he painted--AND HOW!

We went to Boulevard Home Furnishings Saturday morning and found theater seating, a sound system, bean bags, and even some inexpensive clearance furniture for the other empty living room/wanna-be-fun room (after convincing Dave that having an ugly room on the way to the theater room was not my idea of a home-y home.) :)

Here are some pics! It is not quite finished--the theater seating will be delivered later this week, the other room will be painted, and other minor odds and ends--but it is so exciting! My kids all "sluffed school" so they could be here when the furniture came!



It's purple!!! I love it! The couch will go where the bean bags are...and the bean bags will roam the room, I'm sure...



I think the posters are my favorite, and the curtains hanging on the wall. We will paint one side of the hallway the same color and hang a few more posters.






I love the way this looks!!!! I will add colorful accent pillows and fun posters on the wall.



It is just how I imagined it would be!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love it!! Wow! That looks like a FUN place. :)