Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Drastic Change Calls For Drastic Measures

Question is, how drastic do I want to be?

Am I willing to avoid all dairy, wheat, and sugar; make sure my protein is grass fed (which isagenix is, thank goodness;) produce is organic; monitoring my workouts so that my heartrate only reaches between 130-140 for 12 weeks (no more crossfit?)...

...And will it work?

If I went from eating cocoa puffs for breakfast, corn dogs and tater tots or ramen for lunch, however much sugar I wanted, and whatever else for dinner with hardly any exercise--to isagenix shakes for breakfast, starting to crave better but not perfect food, pretty much still eating what I want (only wanting better food for the most part) while discovering crossfit and getting strong--to watching everything I eat, buying as much as I can at a natural grocer, restricting probably 90% of all sugar and processed foods--without a change in my weight or pants size (I can't deny the shape change, though. I know my fat % has decreased, albeit slightly)...

... will one more step really make a difference? Will it be worth it? How long until I can tell if it's working?

Inquiring minds want to know...

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

This is exactly where I have been for the last few years, minus the thyroid and knee issues. How much time do I want to truly devote to exercise? How much do I truly want to change what I eat? How much do I REALLY want to be the weight I was in college? What am I willing to sacrifice or give up or work for? AND to risk that it might not work? It's a tough call. Very hard. For me, I decided I could adjust what I ate (but only a little), and exercise more, and then accept myself (size/weight) right where I am. I know someone who was like a size 6 and wanted to go back to her "usual," which must have been a size 4 or something. But the weight wouldn't come off (and she doesn't really like to eat, so that wasn't an issue... weird) until she started working out 3 HOURS a day. Would I like to be a size 4? Sure, why not. Am I willing to eat nothing and work out 3 hours a day to achieve it? Absolutely not.

I know this comment isn't helpful, but I'm just there with ya: tough call. Hard to decide where you stand on all those issues and what tradeoffs you truly want to make.