Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Comparison


I have been thinking a lot today about my whole body balance journey and how I am letting it create-- unbalance? imbalance?--yes, imbalance in the rest of my life. I still feel frustrated, and it's not just because of weight (just to get myself out of the shallow category...ha ha) but because of confusion! I still credit my thyroid/hormones with a lot of the physical and emotional imbalance here, but that is not my point....

I decided today that I am going to find photos of myself over the past 7 years to see if I have changed or have indeed remained the same after all of my struggles... I am scared to post them for ya'all, but I'm gonna...let's compare, shall we?





This was pre-Isagenix. About 2005





I believe this was shortly after Isagenix...I think there is a slight difference...



Heritage Makers TAC Cruise, 2006. About 7 months after starting Isagenix.

*So much fun, I might add*



Also TAC 2006




Nashville, Summer 2006.


Family Photos, Fall 2006





HM TAC 2008




TAC, January 2009



NYC, Summer 2009


HM Reunion 2009



Summer 2010

HM Reunion, August 2011



Also HM Reunion 2011


TONIGHT! After 30 days of the strictest I've been with my eating...




I don't know...other than this seems silly. :)


But Dave just told me that he heard coconut oil helps people with thyroid weight issues...is it worth a shot? (I'm hopeless! ha ha)





2 comments:

Jennifer said...

My first reaction was just that you're gorgeous. I'm not a very good judge of things like this, either--noticing if there's a difference or not. I always lose at "how many jellybeans in the jar." Besides, I think it's really hard to pinpoint the real issue anyway--was there a difference in your LIFE when those pictures were taken? Is it thyroid-related? Is it stress-related? Is it really just strict eating or Isa? Or is it just camera angles and different clothing styles? I know that's the frustrating part--you don't know WHAT it is exactly, and so you don't know how to attack it. I hope you can find your balance. It's such an important thing to have. (That sounds like I'm saying it because I have it, which is not the case! I just know it IS important.) Figuring out the "cost" (what was that term from economics?? tradeoffs?) of effort and worry about eating/exercising (when, how, how much) is tough, too. When you're so worried about it, I'm sure it makes you even more anxious to find the balance. I really hope you are able to find it soon. You really are beautiful!! I loved all these pictures. :)

CaryMac said...

Thanks, Jen. I don't know about the beautiful...I cringe at putting the photos up. ha ha But we always see things differently than others, don't we?

But yeah, but it's strange because today I'm feeling a calmness about the whole thing. I decided to always be on the improvement side of the road, making the necessary changes that I may or may not need at a pace that I can handle. Isn't that called "enjoying the journey?" :)

You are the gorgeous one, just so you know...