Sunday, September 18, 2011

Arielle Is Home

Well, she gave it a go.

After spending just over 3 weeks in Minnesota, living her would be "dream life," she decided that the experiences she was having weren't worth going $20,000/semester in debt. We gave her some stupulations to coming home: no sleeping in and lounging around all day, no taking the car without arranging schedules with others who need it (we are sharing a car until the van's transmission gets fixed.) In fact she must get a job or two ASAP and buy a car to hold her to keeping her job, AND she needs to take a class. (She has chosen institute, which is a good choice!)

She came home just in time to surprise her boyfriend for his birthday. She arranged a really cute way to suprise him. Their fun group of friends took him to dinner at Olive Garden. She came in after they were already there and introduced herself to the waiters who were going to take him a birthday cake. She held the cake and stood behind him while they told him that there was a special guest there to sing him happy birthday. They both said that what happened from there was a "blur," but he felt like she would somehow show up for his birthday. The story all sounds really cute, and I wanted to be there to watch, but I promised Arielle I wouldn't be the annoying mom. :) This is where I should post pics, but alas, I have none. She says that many were taken, so if I get them, I will definitely add them!

"And they call it...Puppy Love!"

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Tough choice, I'm sure, but I think it's always right to evaluate what is going to work for you. If it's not right, move on to what IS. Wow, $20k per semester?! That is almost as much as Stanford was! Yikes! I hope things go well for her--and institute is a good place to start, for sure. Cute way to surprise her boyfriend, too. Sweet!