Sunday, September 27, 2009

Relationship with ME!

So remember I said I had lots to share! I feel like I should share this now...even though no one is probably reading (especially since I'm not posting pictures), it is good for me to journal and remember little moments for myself.

Last weekend I went to the Heritage Makers reunion. I love going to these, to see my friends and feel the power of story, but this year I was a little apprehensive. I think I was worried about having lost some of my vision (which was regained, by the way) and feeling for some reason like I didn't fit in as well as I once did. I felt that since I haven't advanced in rank (yet again) or been asked to speak or made any great contributions to the company that I was maybe out of place a bit. And I never feel confident there as there are so many dynamic, beautiful people with nice clothes who take gorgeous photos--I am not photogenic at all! (I must add a disclaimer here--this is all through my own eyes! "My reality," which isn't necessarily true!)

I was most excited about the Heritage Makers Got Talent competition that I was able to sing in! I was chosen as one of the 10 finalists to compete for $200-500! I thought maybe I could place in the top 3. I could use the money AND I hadn't performed in so long that I was really excited! I must say that I had a really great time singing! And although I didn't place (or even move to the next round), I felt really good about my performance. But the thing that was even cooler for me was that I felt comfortable with "ME" the whole time! I felt like I belonged. I have been working out and losing some weight, so I felt I looked better than I have for a long time (although photos are still not so great--ha ha) and I can't even really describe why or how, but I came home liking ME! No awards, no "recognition," or anything else out of the ordinary, but I had a really great time with my team and I just feel good about being Cary Mac Arthur, Founding HM Director, mom of 5 plus a foster, children's voice teacher, Dave's wife, daughter of Gene and Delna, and Daughter of God!

http://www.heritagemakers.com/?event=projectBrowse&projectId=98484383-078c-42bc-b04e-29d8bf4f1db7&productId=11&projectSponsor=142544

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Good for you!! I wish I could have heard you sing. That is SO fun! :)
P.S. I am definitely reading your blog! :)

Brenda said...

I read it too. I think you're pretty amazing too. Love ya!

CaryMac said...

Ha! I had no idea anyone read it! Thanks...I love you guys too!