Friday, September 25, 2009

30 Day Challenge

I have so much to share! So much I want to blog about! But I think the thoughts and events will be recorded out of order...

Today I began my 30 Day Challenge with Earl Nightingale, as presented on his CD called "The Strangest Secret." The challenge is to learn to control my thoughts because "WE ARE WHAT WE THINK ABOUT!" It is imperative to keep our thoughts positive and on our true desires because we reap what we "sow," (or think about),we find what we seek, we receive what we ask.

What,then, do I seek? What is my greatest desire? I have so many desires, and I am one to believe that I can have it all. But maybe I am learning that ALL doesn't need to be RIGHT NOW! One thing I learned as I listened to the cd today is that I can't desire for conflicting things with equal amounts of passion, or I can become confused (REAALLLLY??? :o/) I wonder, though, if I can for desire things for different parts of my life at the same time? Of course I want to be the best MOM that I can be. I want to be there for my kids. I want the house to function at a fairly organized level, with dinners made and appointments met and spirits loved and nurtured. Of course I want to be a diligent and serving Daughter of God. My calling should be done with the best of my abilities--my talents, time, and effort used to build the Kingdom of God. I want my relationships with my external family (parents and sibs) to be nurtured and strong. After all, these are some of my best friends...and along with all of this, I want to be a LEADER! Specifically, a Heritage Makers Leader! Diamond Director, to be exact! Why? Because I KNOW I CAN! I have talents and traits and power to share! I believe that the vision and mission of Heritage Makers is a great way to not only make money, but also touch lives! I think I was put on this earth to touch lives--thus sharing the gospel. I believe I was led to this company and that all that I have gone thru to this point has been for a purpose. I also believe that I have held myself back--and it is TIME to move forward!

So I will use these next 30 days to focus on my business goals! As I mentioned before, the ultimate goal is Diamond Director, but other steps must be climbed before I reach the top. Silver Director is the next step, but I have told myself and others that I want to skip Silver and go straight to GOLD! So, my first giant step in my Heritage Makers goal is to reach the rank of Gold Director! I will attach a date: Dec 31. That is 3 months--very possible! A sprint, but possible!

So what does that entail? It means I need to help 4 ladies reach their goal of Director. And we together need a group volume of $25,000. We have done $12000 as a small group, so I know the volume is possible. I have 4 ladies who say they want to be Directors. Of these 4, two have already begun to build a team. My focus is to teach them to sponsor--thru example and motivation most of all--and to mentor their consultants in the business.

I see myself as organized and consistent. My team can depend on me! I am innovative and tireless! I can focus well on the goal and not let myself get distracted.

The key to maitaining this--for me--is to also keep my family at functioning level. I am a wife and mother first and foremost, so I picture calm organization at home. I see us all working together toward our goals. We are a team. I can lead my family! And I can lead my team! I create leaders through my example.

Here is a photo of our booth today. Christie is one my potential Directors!



I AM a Heritage Makers Gold Director!

Today's Actions toward my goal:

Listen to the cd
Pray
Read positive literature (Ensign)
prepare for/attend Business Opportunity expo
Schedule Bus. Opp call for my team
Organize the "whereabouts" of my kids

Today was a pretty good day. A good first step! I did feel my thoughts wander when the expo was slow, but talking to other people about how even a slow expo can be productive helped me to keep my thoughts positive. I also feel good about the fact that I am posting my journey in this blog--to help with follow thru--and that I emailed my team about upcoming meetings, etc. So far, so good.

I must continue for 30 consecutive days or start over. I can do it!!!!





://www.heritagemakers.com/?event=projectBrowse&projectId=98484383-078c-42bc-b04e-29d8bf4f1db7&productId=11&projectSponsor=142544

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Wow, YOU ARE AMAZING!!!! You absolutely impress me! Go get 'em!! :)