Sunday, March 18, 2012

Probably Not the Smartest Thing I've Ever Done...

So Mady and her two best friends all have birthdays within a couple weeks of each other. This year they decided to combine their celebrations into one big bash. And since I am the easy mom and because we have a basement, we got to hold it Chez Mac.


It started out with me hearing the three girls making plans in the back of the car on the way to Young Women's one night. They discussed handing out flyers all over the school (or something to that effect...) to which I recommended they make a list and invite only the people on the list. I also told them they need to have an actual plan of what would happen at this party. No just-everyone-come-over-and-hang-out business...


So they made a list--of 60 people! I, of course, said absolutely not, so they narrowed it to 30 "but not all of them will come." So I agreed...


Fast Forward to the day of the party...the girls beg to come home at lunch to prepare for the party. It's Friday, it's the end of the quarter, they're all caught up, AND they plan to clean my house...so I give in (with other moms' permission, of course.) Mady only gets to help for a couple of hours (the cleaning part) before she has to go to dance (it's close to show time so she isn't allowed to miss...teacher's orders) and the other girls get the fun decorating part.






The other moms made cakes and bought snacks...cute


This is my favorite decoration. Seriously hilarious! Especially since they were very serious...


Dave and I bought marshmallow roasters, s'mores fixins, and fire starter stuff for those who would like to make s'mores in the backyard, along with millions of boxes of pizza, then we sit back and brace ourselves for the crowd of teenagers who will soon invade our home. There is no way we could have imagined how the rest of the night would go...


Are you ready for this??????

So, kids start coming...and coming...and COMING!!! It didn't stop!! The following photos give a general idea, but they are not a true indication of HOW MANY KIDS were at my house! We had to enlist Curtis and his two friends to help chaperone...watch bedroom doors and such...

You must also know that all of these photos were taken at basically the same time, which means that all of these rooms are filled with different kids.






By this time Dave makes the decision to go and get Mady (who is still at dance) and bring her home early. She is missing the party--and the craziness!











I thought this stuff only happened on TV!!!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Jaw dropping to the floor. Holy smokes!!! That IS a lot of people!!! You rock. I can't believe the house was that full with Mady still at dance. Amazing party!! And I am smiling but not laughing at their "drama" sign because in the back of my mind I'm wondering if they'd make me one. ;)