Sunday, March 18, 2012

Something We've Never Done Before...



We rented the Manager's Suite at the Grand Lodge at Brian Head Ski Resort, took all the kids plus a couple of friends, and played in the snow. The lodge was so nice and the kids had a lot of fun! Actually, we all did. I could have hung out in the room the whole time and had a groovy time.




We went tubing the first day. I will admit...it was fun. I don't enjoy snow activities because I HATE being cold! But it makes a huge difference when you actually have snow gear! Dave took us all the night before and got us all prepared and decked out in this latest snow fashion. :)

The hardest part about tubing is getting off the lift. I never quite figured out how to exit gracefully...




Mady is a natural athlete and loves a challenge. She fell her share of times, but seemed to be the leader of the girls in snowboard success.




Don't' get me wrong, Mekenze and her friend, Shanelle, weren't far behind Mady's skill level. Mekenze said she couldn't believe how fun it actually was...




Curtis and Karter owned the slopes! They even went on the bigger hill! Karter was the surpise of the day--he is a natural! but of course he is. Just like all of my kids, he takes after their father when in comes to physical ability, and Karter has zero fear mixed with tons of enthusiasm.




Here he is, the man Dave. He really loved being able to take his family on this trip. (It was all his own doing.) He tried snowboarding for the first time and liked it well enough, until he fell and fractured his collar bone (self diagnosis,) and then he traded in his board for skis, at which he is a master. As for me, I spent this day studying for a test, making sandwiches, and taking photos from the bottom of the hill. I was lucky to have a "bad knee" as an excuse because Dave would have forced me to try otherwise. Not a pretty sight...




Arielle and Braxton are not pictured on the slopes. They boarded for awhile, but Arielle was pretty banged up so they took a nap in the lodge.



Aww, aren't they cute?























1 comment:

Jennifer said...

How totally fun!!! I know what you mean about hating being cold (that's totally me! ...ask me why moving to upstate NY was so freaky for me), but that snow gear makes a huge difference. I'd never owned any before, and it does make a big difference. I'm still not into snow sports or anything (been skiing once, hated it), so I would have been making sandwiches and taking pictures with you. :) But good for your family!!! Impressive!