Sunday, March 4, 2012

Catching up on 2012 (January)




Dave and I went on the Heritage Makers TAC trip. This year it was a 5-day cruise to Belize and Cozumel. It was nice escape from reality and COLDness. Dave had been traveling a lot, so we needed the time together. Mission accomplished!! We didn't spend a whole lot of time with the HM group so I have almost zero pictures of my Heritage Makers leader friends.














We went snorkeling in the most beautiful water near Belize (hence this gorgeousness of this photo. Some people can come away from water adventures and look so beautiful. Not I.) We stopped for an hour at a private beach on the way back to the ship. This is where I got to soak up the sun and bring back a tan of sorts. Enjoyable!






This was Cozumel. We had been here before, so we almost felt like natives. ;) We rented a scooter, ate lunch on the beach, went shopping and just enjoyed the day.







Dave bought me this ring!!! Since I lost the diamond out of my wedding ring, my finger has been so lonely! This is not a diamond, obviously, but a tanzanite. I guess it is rare and supposed to be valuable. I think it is pretty. It will do until we are able to find me a new diamond for my original wedding ring that I am apparently very attached to.
I thought I had a picture of the necklace that another vendor talked us into because it would look so pretty with my ring, but alas, I can't find it. I came away from Cozumel adorned like a queen.
















2 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a great time!! We went on our honeymoon to Cancun, which is in the area, and I know what you mean about the snorkeling and the beautiful water!!!!! And I'm the same way--I wouldn't have spent any time at all with any HM people, I am sure of it! :) Just Kevin. By the way, I seriously had to look twice at the picture of you saying "some people don't look good wet" (or after snorkeling or whatever) because I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. I'm not kidding. I thought you looked great!! I love the cool fan-like tree, too. And I would be sad if I lost my diamond, too. I'm pretty sentimental and very attached. :) I'm glad you guys got to get away.

CaryMac said...

You are kind. We should travel together sometime...