Sunday, October 2, 2011

Get Away, Get Away, Get Away-way

2 weeks ago I told Dave that I had completed my application for graduation in December, and he decided it was a good reason to celebrate and GET AWAY for a weekend. He told me to go online and find a room at the Anniversary Inn in Salt Lake City and reserve it! I was so excited and have been looking SO forward to it!




I didn't stop to think about how much homework I had, how many tests and papers would be due on the following Monday, or of a few other things that might come up on my calendar, nor did I realize that Arielle would be struggling with a kidney stone this very weekend...I am glad I didn't, because I probably would have decided I couldn't go. Sometimes one just needs to DO IT, regardless...and heavens knows that WE DID need to JUST DO IT!


We have had a really good time doing nothing more than walking around temple square, listening to conference, walking around the Gateway Mall, watching movies, eating too much, and relaxing. I feel reconnected to my husband and to myself. Good feeling.



Here are a few random photos:






We drove to Salt Lake City in my new car! 2007 Nissan Altima. I love it! It is fun to drive, and the gas mileage was amazing compared to what I am used to with my van.



We ran into the Harding family in the Tabernacle on Temple Square. This was during the 2nd session of the semi-annual conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.



I loved this sight! So many people gathered on the temple grounds to hear the word of God through his prophets and apostles. This is not counting the thousands who are inside the conference center, tabernacle, and Seagull House. Reminds me of the scripture in Isaiah that talks about multitudes gathering in the mountain tops to hear the word of God.

Just another view of the multitudes!



This is our 2nd room at the Anniversary Inn--the Bridal Veil Falls room. We thought it would be fun to switch rooms so that we could experience more of the fun decor.



We are not used to eating breakfasts like this. Isn't it a gorgeous spread? (taste buds were happy; stomachs a little confused...ha ha)


Here is a view from our first room--the Carriage Suite.
So cute!




Famous Dave's. Enough said...

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I am SO glad you did that!!! I've heard the Anniversary Inn is awesome. So glad you could re-connect. That is HUGE!!!!! Yay!