Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Quick Catch Up 2--I Have a College Student...?

It's true and yet so impossible! How am I old enough to send a child off to college? And not just any college--Point Park University in PITTSBURGH, PA!--clear across the country!

Mekenze left to pursue her dreams of Broadway stardom on Thursday, August 26. Dave flew out with her (and spoiled her royally, I must add--that is a good thing). They left home at 3am...what a strange time to say goodbye...probably for the best.

Everyone keeps asking me how I am doing. I don't know how to answer: I miss my daughter, of course. But I am so excited for her! (and a little jealous) I know she is where she is supposed to be and she will do amazing!

I did have a few tears on Sunday--that's the day she was actually HOME when she still lived in this house. It was a strange, empty sort of feeling, but I could also feel my heart stretching, growing, embracing Pittsburgh as a part of my home. (How was that for deep? :) )

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Beautiful post . :) I'm happy for her!! I can't imagine how you're feeling--so strange, excited, sad... I hope she has the time of her life. :)

Domestic Goddess said...

That is amazing that we have kids that old isn't it! I didn't have to lose Brit though. She is still at home while attending.
I am really excited for her, that seems like such a wonderful future she is seeking!

Cranberryfries said...

I know I'm going to blink and this will be me sending off my kids. How wonderful that she is off and doing amazing and enjoying life.