Tuesday, May 12, 2009


Today was a little bit of a lesson for me. I realized that my best friend is my laptop! :) Today, I lost my best friend when my son and my nephew were rough-housing and knocked it off the desk. So, here's the question: do I yell and scream and throw a fit? Do I punish these two little boys for ruining an expensive piece of equipment, the staple of my business? Or do I remember that I like my computer--a lot--but I love these boys and they matter more to me than anything else in the world--(along with my other kids, of course!)

I am happy with the reaction I did have. I felt like crying on the inside (after I got over the shock, that is) but when Karter hugged me and cried that he was sorry that he broke the computer that I "really love," I was able to tell him that it was OK and that I "really loved him more!"

So...now for kicking some Heritage Makers butt so I can buy a new laptop!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Good for you!! That is a HARD THING to do!! You did it right, and it sounds like Karter was pretty sorry! :( Yeah, now go kick some HM butt. :)

P.S. Check out my blog some time: http://jenniferwise.blogspot.com

Cody, Tawsha, and Ashlee said...

What control.. And do you realize its been 8 months since you blogged?! I like reading your stuff.

Brenda said...

You wrote on your blog!!! I'm in shock today. Love you!

CaryMac said...

So, just now did I realize that I had comments on my blogs! Holy cow! i need to get with it!thanks guys for liking what I say! makes me happy!