Thursday, June 5, 2008

Summer Time!


I remember summertime when I was growing up. Each of us (7 kids all together) would take turns going to stay with Grandma Leany. It was the highlight of the summer! Of course the best part was when it was my turn, but taking a close second was when "my annoying brothers" would have their turns! Sometimes they even went together-- And that was heaven! The house was quiet and somewhat sane with just the "girls" at home (and Zach, the perfectly cute baby brother who could do no wrong).

I asked Mom one time if she didn't just love when some of the kids (I was eluding especially to Matt and Tim) were gone. Life had to be easier for her! Imagine how shocked I was when she told me that she missed them and couldn't wait until they came home!

Well, now I am a mom. It is summer. Last week, Curtis went camping with his friend for a couple of days and Arielle left a day later to stay with her cousin, Chevia (Matt's daughter). Now that Curtis is home, he and Mekenze have been gone from 9-5 all week long doing a Triple Threat intensive musical theater workshop. Arielle is still gone--now staying at my sister Davi's house--and will most likely be gone another week! Curtis goes to scout camp all next week, then Mady starts Triple Threat...then Girls' Camp and Youth Conference....Can I just tell you that I MISS MY KIDS! I understand how Mom felt!

I'm sure that after June is over and all the individual travels and workshops are over, chaos will return and I will be praying for my turn to leave, but it does feel good to know that I do have the ability to miss my kids, and that my mom probably really missed me! She wasn't "just saying..."

http://www.heritagemakers.com/?event=projectBrowse&projectId=98484383-078c-42bc-b04e-29d8bf4f1db7&productId=11&projectSponsor=142544http://www.heritagemakers.com/?event=projectBrowse&projectId=98484383-078c-42bc-b04e-29d8bf4f1db7&productId=11&projectSponsor=142544

No comments: