Saturday, August 9, 2014

Summer 2014--Missouri

Dave and I were invited to Missouri by our friends, Dave and Sivi Helsel, when we went to Cancun with them back in February. They wanted Dave to do an Isagenix Super Saturday in July--and they wanted me to tag along. I have been wanting to come to Missouri with him for a long time, so I was happy that it actually happened!!! Dave became friends with the Helsels quite awhile ago through his Isagenix team in Missouri. He often stays with them when he travels out there, and he always comes home with stories of their amazing personalities, spirits, and home; I had met them a couple of times at Isagenix events, but I only recently became acquainted with them when they invited us to Cancun. They seriously are amazing people!!! I love meeting new life-long, like-minded friends.

Here are just some photos of their amazing home on several acres of beautiful Missouri farm land:


Hay fields



View from their deck



Side view of their home with their barn in the background



Don't you love this stairway? Man oh man!




Their basement looks like a cabin.

The first morning we were there, we drove to Smithville Lake to go for a walk/run. (I am the one who added the walk/ part. I am not yet up to running several miles. Dave (my Dave) and Sivi were kind enough to walk with me. We did a team call as we walked--it was pretty cool to be included in that. Dave and Sivi are already dynamic leaders. I am working my way in slowly as my life is changing and allowing for more opportunities to do so.


 Isn't this a breathtaking trail??? This was just one spectacular view along our 5 mile walk. 
I could do this every day!



Here is the group: The two in the middle are Bill Andrews and Molly Sheridon. They are ultra-marathon runners, but today they just did a short run (20 miles;) On the far right and Dave and Sivi Helsel. Dave went on a bike ride with their son, Coldin (he's taking the photo,) and Sivi came with us.


On the second day, Sivi took us horseback riding. I haven't ridden a horse since I was in elementary school--maybe jr. high--in Shelly Buchanan's coral. It was so much fun! The horse I rode was named Domino. Sivi called him "bomb proof," which I soon learned that meant that nothing could shake or spook him. He moseyed along at his own sweet pace, trotted if he wanted (which wasn't often,) and took the path of his preference. We got along great! :) 



Later that night we went into Kansas City to meet with some of Sivi's team. They were doctor-science-smarties and wanted to talk technical with Dr Bill about the science of telomeres and Product B. We let them chat away while we enjoyed really yummy Mexican food. I also became quite fascinated with Kansas City and need to go back so I can explore...


Super Saturday went wonderfully! I got to meet and connect with lots of Isa-peeps that I've only "met" on Facebook. I can't even explain how welcome I felt there. It was like I had been friends with these people for a long time. I was overwhelmed with gratitude. It was a really great day. We finished with dinner at Hereford's before we headed to the airport for home. Yummy food, great company, good times!



These photos are out of order somehow, but they're actually a really great way to finish this post. Quotes like the one above are found all over the Helsel home, and there is an amazingly strong spirit of God throughout. I think I was most touched by the obvious foundation of faith in their kids--they truly put God first in their lives. I'm not sure what religion they are, but the Helsel family confirmed to me that the Stripling Warriors of the latter days will not just be members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I was reminded of the duty I have--along with all of us who "have been given much"--to build the Kingdom of God on the earth and to prepare for the 2nd Coming of our Savior. I am also reminded of my own role in helping the youth of our church (starting with my own kids) to understand their eternally important mission as the Great and Noble ones who were saved for the last days to bring the world His truth.

The time is NOW! 

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

What a neat trip for you! Their house is just gorgeous. I love the stairway, too, and the basement that looks like a cabin. What a peaceful and fun trip!